6 Resources for Affording Senior Living
- Veteran’s Benefits
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Life Settlements and Life Insurance Conversion
- Senior Living Line of Credit
- Bridge Loans
- Private Funds
While the above are resources that Wickshire can help with…
There are additional factors to consider, including potential tax benefits and deductions that can be made to offset the cost of senior living communities. We are here to ensure you understand your options and can make the best financial decision without compromising on what matters most.
For questions or more information, contact a Wickshire representative at [email protected].
For more information on pricing, contact your nearest Wickshire community for an affordability calculator, cost comparison sheet and to schedule a tour and a complete financial consultation. Wickshire Senior Living is always available to assist in exploring the financial, legal, and logistical aspects of moving to a senior living community. As always, a good place to start is to ask family, friends and trusted advisors for recommendations and help with researching your options. In addition, our staff can refer you to several companies and services that can assist you with everything from packing and moving, to downsizing and decorating during a scheduled appointment and visit.
Top 10 considerations for a senior living community:
- Is there an odor? Are common areas and apartments well-kept?
- Staff friendliness and engagement
- Do associates seem happy and engaged? Do they greet each other and residents with a smile and by name?
- Resident engagement
- Are residents out and about? Do they seem happy?
- Care levels offered
- What care levels are offered? What are the limitations within those care levels (when would someone need to move for care reasons)?
- Safety and security for residents
- What is in place to ensure the safety and security of the residents 24/7?
- Programming (including transportation)
- Outside of the stereotypical bingo and bridge, what programs are offered that are unique? Is there an example of programming that is personalized based on resident want/need?
- Care Associate tenure
- What is the average tenure of the care associates? Remember: the care associates are who residents will interact with the most
- Food quality and nutrition
- Is the food good? Does the staff eat the food as well? What accommodations can be taken to meet the nutritional needs of residents?
- State survey information
- What were the most recent state survey results?
- What financial options are there? What happens if a resident exhausts their funds?
Finding the Right Fit
Many communities have bells and whistles, but looking at the most important parts of daily life at a senior living community will help you focus on what the right solution really is. Are you visiting multiple communities? Use Wickshire’s Guide to Finding the Right Fit to guide your journey.
Three distinct advantages of living in a Wickshire Community…
Our company’s name comes from the street on which our founder’s grandmother lived most of her life, and serves as a reminder to the entire Wickshire team of our purpose each and every day. We’re inspired by families who, like our founder, have experienced worry and stress over finding affordable senior living care without sacrificing their elder family member’s quality of life. These are middle American families. They have worked hard their whole lives to support and provide for their families. Yet when they themselves or their elderly parents or grandparents encounter health concerns, they become faced with a huge financial burden just to find a community that will care for those in need with respect and dignity.
Wickshire was created to fill this gap, to offer a personalized senior living experience that continues to provide purpose and community to family members as they age.
The Wickshire Way is our relationship-centered approach to our people, creating an environment that offers active, patient listening in an open and collaborative setting. It’s not about residents, associates and family members separately, but about joining together in a community that is centered on respect and care. A resident’s world opens up as he or she enters the front door of Wickshire and becomes a vital part of our rich and purposeful community.
Our Wise & Well programming creates a personalized plan based on an individual resident’s goals and desires. We foster active resident engagement, both physically and intellectually, to facilitate lasting, rewarding experiences. Our decades of experience allow us to offer thoughtful activity and dietary planning that fits the needs and desires of our residents.
At Wickshire we hold each other accountable–– to our residents, our fellow associates, our families, our community and ourselves. We understand that life for our residents often presents certain challenges and that the path of least resistance is rarely the right one. Through hard work, honesty and accountability, the Wickshire team strives to provide high quality care in a safe, homelike environment.
Find Your New Home at Wickshire
With communities across the country and only growing, Wickshire is committed to creating a senior living care model that feels like home. From daily activities, events, and multiple levels of care, we have a community that's right for everyone. Let's find it together.